Oh lordy it’s been a stressful week. Things way beyond my control keep arising and I haven’t felt this stressed out since I was accused of colluding on a 4% lab project in 3rd year psychology. (I didn’t collude).
Weeks like these make me want to climb into a hole and make friends with the mole people.
I am a control freak.
I have tried deep breathing, gentle yoga, sparkling wine, and a whole range of other things which I won’t disturb you with.
And you what? The problems are still there. And I have no choice but to be okay with them. But F**k, I don’t enjoy it.
I think the problem is that I get so worked up over worrying about the worst possible scenario. I think of 110 ways to resolve the problem, and when I still can’t, I worry some more. Because, you know, that always works a treat.
Aside from the work dramas, my life has been relatively chill of late. The anxiety is dissipating, the brain is de-fogging, I started a new food blog (oh, go check it out btw… it’s here ) and I have been able to spend more time with my kids. All the good stuff.
And I know it’s all about perspective; it’s not the end of the world but it f**king feels like it is when I’m this stressed out.
But moving on, because let’s face it, the whole world is stressed out.
Things I am grateful for this week:
- Bacon. I don’t feel that needs any qualifying.
- Firewood. J has been bringing home pallets from work and chopping them up all manly like, which is both enjoyable to watch, and also keeps me from turning into a frozen lump of misery when I work from home.
- Netflix. Despite the fact that binge-watching shows is increasing my ‘netflix-ass’ (the phenomenon wherein your ass flattens out into the shape of a chair or bed because 3
dayshours is too many dayshours of Netflix)
- The public library. Because although they continue to bar me from borrowing books that I will continue to bring back late, it’s free ya’ll.
- Coffee. If you even have to ask…..
- That voice memo microphone thing on an iPhone that will type in the word for you when you just.can’t.remember.how.to.spell.anything
- I really feel like that’s enough things to be grateful for today. Okay?
I hope your week has been going well. Superbly even. And if it’s not? Then may I suggest to you some bacon, and a cat video or 5.
Catch you on the flipside.